File a Police Report Online
Now you can make the initial police entry / complaint, without going to the police and this facility is provided online. We may ask you to file a complaint to the police, even in the case of an Internet related issue.
This is how a police report needs to be filled without going to the Police in Sri Lanka. It is really useful for those who do not like to waste time in a police station to file the initial report. Plus the IGP has a record of your complaint. Therefore, it cannot be ignored easily. Sometimes when it is a critical situation, the police may require your presence.
Therefore, Hithawathi would like to give you the following approach to file a police complaint from home. We currently give everyone a general URL and in the future, it is expected to introduce a separate link for those who complain through Hithawathi!
In this form, the type of your complaint should be selected as “Cybercrime”.
Here is the link.
Below steps will be useful when submitting a complaint
- Your District
- Nearest Police Station
- Complaint Category
- Type your Name
- NIC Number
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Complaint Subject
- Complaint * (Please send us your complaint in Sinhala, Tamil or English language.)
- I need notification about status of the complaint
- Enter Verification Code *
- Click the refresh button to generate a new one.
- Attachment (If you have any document or image related to the complaint, please attach)