Last updated on June 8, 2023
ChatGPT in the limelight
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot created by OpenAI for online customer care. This runs on a language model called Generative Pre-trained Transformer (GPT). It is pre-trained and uses Natural Language Processing (NLP). It collects data from various sources such as text books, websites and articles. With these sources it models its own language and responds to human interactions giving natural answers in a very much conversational tone where human feel that they chat with another person.
Who made ChatGPT?
By OpenAI, an American artificial intelligence research laboratory. The company launched ChatGPT on 30th November 2022.
How popular is ChatGPT?
As per an analysis done by Swiss bank UBS, it was estimated that ChatGPT had 100 million active users just after two months of its launch. When it is compared to the popularity of TikTok app, TikTok has taken 9 months to reach 100 million users.
What is the use of ChatGPT?
1. Mainly to generate responses – As chatbots and virtual assistants
2. To write codes and debug
3. To write articles and blog posts
4. For translations
5. To draft business plans and CVs
6. To write stories and poems
7. To recommend music related content
Now Let’s see how we can access ChatGPT
1. Visit chat.openai.com
2. Create an OpenAI account.
3. When you have signed in you can start asking questions and conversing with your ChatGPT.