When you block someone they will no longer be able to do things such as tag you or see things you post on your timeline.
What exactly happens when you block someone?
When you block someone, they won’t be able to:
- See things you post on your profile
- Tag you in posts, comments or photos
- Invite you to events or groups
- Start a conversation with you
- Add you as a friend
If you block someone you’re friends with, Facebook will unfriend you as well. If you don’t want to unfriend someone but see less of their posts on Facebook, you can take a break from them
When you block someone, you also won’t be able to do things like start a conversation with them or add them as a friend. Keep in mind that blocking someone may not prevent all communications or interactions (example: in apps or groups) and only affects your interactions with that person on Facebook.
To block someone in your blocking settings:
- Click at the top right of Facebook and choose Settings.
- Go to the left side of Facebook and click Blocking
- Enter the name of the person you want to block and click Block.
- Select the specific person you want to block from the list that appears and click Block > Block [name].
People will not be notified when you block them.
If you can’t find someone using this method,
- Try going to the person’s profile and selecting Block from the menu on their cover photo.
Note: When you unblock someone, you won’t automatically be friends again. If you block a friend and then unblock them, you’ll need to send them a new friend request.