Last updated on December 14, 2022
Volume 03 Issue 10- 20th October 2022
Why you should know about Steganography
Steganography is an old concept which implies “hiding a secret message in an ordinary looking file” which doesn’t bring about any suspicions. The word Steganography is originated from Greek words; “Steganos” which means concealed / protected and “Graphein” that refers to writing.
- The global social media user total to reach 5 billion by the end of next year.
- Statista predicts there will be 30.9 billion IoT devices by 2025.
- Predictions estimate the world will generate 181 zettabytes of data by 2025.
- New Research Says Millions Of Apps On The Google Play Store And App Store Weren’t Updated In Over Two Years.
Tips to Improve the User Experience on Your Website
- Prioritize web accessibility
- Keep things simple
- Make use of white space
- Improve page loading times
- Enhance mobile usability
- Ask for feedback
Customer Guidance for Reported Zero-day Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Exchange Server
Microsoft is investigating two reported zero-day vulnerabilities affecting Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Server 2016, and Exchange Server 2019.
NSA Releases Advisory on Chinese State-Sponsored Actors Exploiting Publicly Known Vulnerabilities
The National Security Agency (NSA) has released a cybersecurity advisory on Chinese state-sponsored malicious cyber activity.
Adobe Releases Security Updates
Adobe has released security updates to address vulnerabilities in ColdFusion, Acrobat Reader, Adobe Commerce and Adobe Dimension.
WhatsApp hit by two zero-day flaws — update the app now
If you have WhatsApp installed on your phone, you should make sure that you’re updated to the latest version.
Australia’s Telstra hit by data breach, two weeks after attack on Optus
According to local media, a Telstra internal staff email put the number of affected current and former employees at 30,000.
Facebook log-in thieves: a list of 400+ malicious apps
Meta has identified over 400 malicious Android and iOS apps designed to steal Facebook log-in information.
Smart phone Dream
Limashi was a school leaver and she was using a feature phone (with basic functions). As soon as she left school she wanted to buy a smart phone like her other friends.
- An awareness session of Hithawathi was held on 23rd September at Joomla training workshop at Nivithagal Zone – which was organized by WebComs Global. There were about 60 students and Teachers participated for this session.
- An awareness session of Hithawathi was held on 26th September at Gokerella Central College, which was organised by the school. There were about 100 students and Teachers participated for this session.
To join future webinar sessions and learn about cyber security, please Join the Viber or WhatsApp group below:
We Are Legion (2011)
We Are Legion takes us inside the world of Anonymous, the radical “hacktivist” collective that has redefined civil disobedience for the digital age.
Joule Thief LED Tea Light Adapter
The classic “Joule Thief” circuit, which allows you to run small projects off of nearly-dead batteries (including AA, AAA, and CR2032).
Comment the correct answer and win a data card from Hithawathi by visiting our Facebook page every Friday, Saturday & Sunday.