Last updated on November 29, 2022
Deep web and Dark Web
Deep web is a part of the internet which is not totally accessible by standard search engines.
Dark web is a part of the deep web which can only be accessed using a special web browser. This is used to keep internet activities private.
- Posts on name-and-shame dark web leak sites climbed 85% in 2021
- The people might spend a total of 12.5 trillion hours online in 2022 alone.
- Attackers compromise 94% of critical assets within four steps of initial breach
How to identify fake news in social media
You may be wondering how to identify fake news on Facebook and other social media sites. How to avoid fake news? Or how to avoid accidentally sharing misinformation online? Here are some tips to identify misinformation, recognize fake news websites, and think before you share:
- Check the source
- Check the author
- Check other sources
- Maintain a critical mindset
- Check the facts
- Check the comments
- Check your own biases
- Check whether it’s a joke
- Check images are authentic
- Use a fact-checking site
Possible Increase of Intrusion Attempts on Sri Lankan Websites
TechCERT observed that hacktivists are staging intrusions on some Sri Lankan websites, in parallel to the ongoing protests. As a result, an increased number of website intrusions may be reported in the coming days.
Risk of virus infection through iCalender app of your Apple iPhone
Risk of entering mobile phone viruses into your Apple mobile phone through the iCalender application.
Attackers are exploiting recently patched RCE in Sophos Firewall (CVE-2022-1040)
A critical vulnerability (CVE-2022-1040) in Sophos Firewall in being exploited in the wild to target “a small set of specific organizations primarily in the South Asia region,” Sophos has warned.
Alert (AA22-083A) – Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures of Indicted State-Sponsored Russian Cyber Actors Targeting the Energy Sector
This joint Cybersecurity Advisory (CSA)—coauthored by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Department of Energy (DOE)—provides information on multiple intrusion campaigns conducted by state-sponsored Russian cyber actors from 2011 to 2018 and targeted U.S. and international Energy Sector organizations.
Kaspersky Banned by FCC: ‘Threat to National Security’
The Federal Communications Commission added Kaspersky Lab to a list of banned companies. The FCC alleges the firm is a threat to U.S. national security.
Facial recognition market to reach $12.67 billion by 2028
The facial recognition market size is projected to reach $12.67 billion by 2028 from $5.01 billion in 2021.
Ukraine blames Russia for a ‘powerful cyberattack’ on its telecom
Ukrainian state-owned telecommunications company Ukrtelecom experienced a cyberattack. Ukraine accused Russia of what it called a powerful cyberattack.
“The Link” That Troubled Her Life…
Hashini was at her workplace and it was quiet a busy day for her. As soon as she got her lunch break, she logged on to Facebook and was scrolling up and down. While she was checking her News Feed, she got a message on Messenger with a link. This message link was sent by a person named as Kamal Perera.
- Hithawathi 100th Quiz celebrationThe celebration of selecting the 10 winners of Hithawathi 100th Weekly Quiz was held on the 21st of March 2022 Live at LK Domain Registry. Prof. Gihan Dias, the Chief Executive Officer of LK Domain Registry and the staff participated in this. Ms. Zeenath Sathar, the Head of Human Resources of Axiata Digital Labs joined via zoom for a small speech. Therein a Bonus Quiz was given for Facebook Live participants and it was arranged to give consolation prizes for the first 50 who answered it correctly.
- An awareness session of Hithawathi was held, from 30th March to 01st April 2022 at Suhuruliya, Ampara District forum at Ampara District Secretariat – which was organized by ICTA , there were about 100 women entrepreneurs and women development were participated for this session.
To join future webinar sessions and learn about cyber security, please Join the Viber or WhatsApp group below
Transcendence – 2014
A scientist’s drive for artificial intelligence takes on dangerous implications when his own consciousness is uploaded into one such program. Will’s desperate wife uploads his consciousness into a quantum computer to save him. He soon begins making groundbreaking discoveries but also displays signs of a dark and hidden motive.
Motion Sensitive Light Cap
Impress your friends with a cap with an illuminated brim which changes colour when you tilt your head and changes brightness when you move.