கடைசியாக புதுப்பிக்கப்பட்டது ஆகஸ்ட் 1, 2022
- Create strong passwords.
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) whenever possible.
- Save passwords in secured password managers.
- Write passwords on papers.
- Share One Time Password (OTP) with others.
- Use the same password for every account.
- Use a password which is easy to guess like Birthday, NIC number or a phone number.
- If you feel that someone is peeping in to your activities with your banking app, immediately change the passwords.
- Allow someone else to log into your banking apps and accounts.
- Always use a secure connectivity.
- Log into the online banking app via a public Wi-Fi connection.
- Use a public / shared computer to log into online banking portals.
Links & Websites
- Carefully check the URLs (links of websites) received via any e-mail or a message.
- Double check with the bank if you receive any e-mail mentioning anything about your bank.
- Click on the links received through e-mails and social media.
- Provide your card details or credentials to any unknown link or an interface.
- Use a strong security method to unlock like fingerprint, a pin or a password.
- Keep the devices locked when not in use.
- Keep logged into the banking apps or banking sites when not in use.
- Jailbreak or root the device.
Apps & Software
- Be cautious when downloading and installing mobile applications.
- Check the access permission requests and the source of the app.
- Install apps from unknown providers / third party sources.
Check security of websites
- Check the website’s URL before paying whether it is https:// instead of http://
- Ignore security alerts.
Suspicious SMS & calls
- Check the sender’s number or identity if a SMS is received.
- Check with the bank about the content in the SMS.
- Reply to any SMS and give your card details or account details.
Install a Virus Guard
- Install a well-recognized virus guard.
- Turn off your virus guard in any case.
Update the system & anti-virus
- Keep the devices up to date.
- Keep the Operating systems and virus guards updated.