අවසන් වරට යාවත්කාලීන කලේ 2021/03/08
Volume 02 Issue 01 – 20th February 2021
Money Laundering in Cyberspace
“Have you ever heard of black money?”
Most of you may say ‘Yes!’
And of course that money is called ‘black’ because the sources of earning them are totally illegal.
They may be made through underworld activities, scams or other fraudulent doings.
But, do you know that the fraudsters make efforts to clean those dirty monies and use for their needs in a legal manner?
Your answer may vary here
It’s not very clear right?
That happening is called Money Laundering….
Want to know how legalize dirty money secretly in cyberspace?
- There were 10.10 million internet users in Sri Lanka in January 2020.
- There were 6.40 million social media users in Sri Lanka in January 2020.
- The number of mobile connections in Sri Lanka in January 2020 was equivalent to 149% of the total population.
Personal cyber security tips in 2021
- Precaution is the key and the very first step
- Authenticate, Authenticate, and Authenticate
- Avoid pop-ups and emails from suspicious or unknown people
- Practice basic password hygiene
- Always check the URL of the site you are visiting or submitting any information
Security researcher Alex Birsan discovered a way to breach tens of organizations through software dependencies, and he earned tens of thousands of dollars in bug bounties from Microsoft, Apple and some of the other affected companies.
Blackmailed by a FB friend through messenger
Dr. Shantha Rathnayake is a working at a government hospital Sri Lanka as a surgeon specialist who is 38 years old unmarried lady. A partner was found by her parents through a proposal. Ultimately both parties agreed to married. And they have already fixed dates for the marriage and due to covid-19 this was postponed.
Since they couldn’t meet each other due to the lockdown in the covid-19 period they talk each other via chatting online. Through online they were exchange pictures and they did video chatting. While having video chatting that man took some screenshots of hers. But she doesn’t know anything about that. ……….
An American documentary originally titled “Can You Hack It?”, this movie was never officially released but has been leaked to various file-sharing websites. Exploring the origins of the hacking and nature of hackers, it tells the story of Adrián Alfonso, a threat analyst and hacker, who became famous after breaking into several high-profile computer networks, including those of The New York Times, Yahoo!, and Microsoft.
Roomba® s9+ Robot Vacuum
This advanced robots now bring new levels of cleaning intelligence and efficiency to your home—and with them, more freedom to your life.
- Learns your cleaning habits and makes personalised suggestions.
- The s9+ automatically empties its bin into the Clean Base® Automatic Dirt Disposal with AllergenLock™ bags that use 4 layers of allergen blocking material to trap 99% of pollen and mold.
- Works with Google Assistant and Alexa enabled devices.
A Hithawathi awareness session was held on 16th February 2021 during the Joomla Training Programme for the teachers of Seethadevi Balika Vidyalaya Kandy, organized by Kandy – Teldeniya Nenasala.